Sunday, July 26, 2009

F-R-I-E-N-D-S Swap Addendum

Yesterday I showed you the amazing gifts I received from Mai in the F-R-I-E-N-D-S Swap hosted by Khris.

DSCN0789 To briefly explain how the swap worked, Khris randomly paired us with a swap partner about three months before the mailing deadline.  During that time, we were to contact our partners by email, follow their blogs and generally get to know our partners better in order to make the gifts more personal.

Today, I’d like to share with you my gifts to Mai.

DSCN0643As you can well imagine, I was extremely apprehensive about what I would make for Mai as her sewing talents are exceptional when compared to this rookie’s.  But I bit the bullet, threw caution to the wind and ‘just did it’.  Mai loved what I sent her and my apprehensions were put to rest.

berrydividerx Blogging and swapping have opened many new doors for me and I continue to be amazed with all the wonderful people out there. 

Have a super day and as always,

Happy stitching!

Kaaren  ♥ 

13 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

It's a fantastic was to make new friends and meet people all over the world and learn of new countries and traditions. Your swap goodies must have been loved for sure!!!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it better.

Rumi said...

Lovely gifts--sent and received. You have wonderful skills, don't think otherwise! I'm sure Mai was thrilled.

Pat said...

I am sure that Mai is very happy!

Jocelyn said...

So glad that you have had such a wonderful experience with your swapping.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

It sure looks like you both were on the winning end of that swap. Just wonderful!!

The sun is out...shhh don't scare it away!! LOL

hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

I was very happy to be your swap partner. I got a lot of nice goodies. Thank you so much for it.

Anne said...

What a great swap you did and also got. How fun.

Janet said...

You both did so well, the goodies you sent were wonderful too.

Sherri said...

What a wonderful post! You've given and received such beautiful things!

Candace said...

I'm sure Mai is as equally thrilled as you were with her gifts, Kaaren!
Cheers!

Heidi said...

Your gifts to Mai were wonderful. I am sure she must have been very happy with them all. Do I spy a pretty sewn bag among them? You are too modest. You do fabulous work.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Carrie P. said...

Looks like a fun swap and you did great.